January 23, 2012

Year of the Dragon

It's Chinese New Year and 2012 is the Year of the Dragon. Don't you remember looking at the paper place mats at Chinese restaurants seeing your birth year and what animal it was associated with? Mine was the rooster! In honor of Chinese New Year and the Year of the Dragon, I wanted to feature some dragon inspirations which most notably includes the infamous Schumacher Chiang Mai Dragon print which was derived from a 1920's Art Deco era block print, to Meissen's dragon place setting, to fun blue and white Chinoiserie wallpapers. 

Schumacher's Chiang Mai Dragon print chair provides the perfect pop of color with the red lacquered wood from Shelter Interior Design

Schumacher's Chiang Mai Dragon print pillow is a great way to add a pop of color from Pillowmood on Etsy

Schumacher China Blue Chiang Mai Dragon wallpaper looks amazing in this bathroom from Hazardous Design

Fun and Whimsical Blue Dragon wallpaper from Paper Boy Wallpaper

Crisp linen napkin embroidered with a dragon from goes elegantly with this place setting from Southern Living

Get your own Dragon napkins and place mats from Eri Textiles at ArteDona


Dragon note cards from Petite Paperie on Etsy

7 comments :

  1. Great idea for a post! I love the wallpaper and place settings!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. the patterns are so gorgeous! I have a blue dragon given to me by a friend...love it! Happy Chinese NY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these, but the Paper Boy Wallpaper...fabulous - beautiful and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your collection. I've been thinking about how to incorporate a little dragon action in my own house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE that Schumacher print. So fun and crazy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Schumacher print! I want to use it for draperies but the yardage I'd need would easily bankrupt me! Maybe I'll stick to a few pillows :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was born in a year of a dragon, so it has a special meaning to me... Schumacher dragon print is a classic and def a fave!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS