September 19, 2011

Striped Walls

I checked out the blog of a new visitor of mine today, Vanessa at Design Dreams Japan and saw that she painted her walls with bold stripes.... a feat I admire! I first read about this DIY tutorial about 2 years ago at Young House Love. I went out and bought the frog tape, already had the paint, but still have not attempted the striped walls look. They look great and I think it would look great in one of my bathrooms in neutral colors. Have you tried striping your walls yet? What 2 colors would you or did you choose?

Vanessa's striped walls from Design Dreams Japan

Young House Love bathroom painted in stripes with directions

More great striped walls as inspiration: 

Neutral striped walls in bedroom from Coastal Living

Gray stripes outlined in neutral color from Spearmint Decor


Great bedroom from Meg Braff with Quadrille's Paradise background fabric and vertical striped walls

Navy and white striped walls make give this hallway dramatic from Apartment Therapy

Red & white striped walls accented with black & white chevron drapes from Blount Design

Striped walls in the mudroom above the beadboard from Spearmint Decor

Or, you can put stripes below the chair rail from The Happy Home

Striped walls made from Electrical Tape from High Heeled Foot in the Door


Or you can take this painting technique and apply it to your floors: 
Green and white striped painted floors from Apartment Therapy

2 comments :

  1. I love them in a broad horizontal band, like in the bathroom or in a hallway like you show here - such a cool, bold statement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing my stripes! I must be subconsciously influenced by YHL. btw I have 4 of these pictures in my Pinterest Stripes file!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS