May 27, 2011

Starfish

As you may be aware, I love all things beachy and used to live at the beach for a few years which I loved. I met my husband at the beach so I hold a special place in my heart for all things beachy. When I got married, I found some amazing blue and white letterpress simple Save the Dates, and I centered my beachy wedding theme around: white and navy, with a little starfish since we got married in Charleston, SC. 

Also shown are fun inspiring ways to add Starfish as accents in your home decor.

Few pictures from my wedding: 
The Save the Date that started it all. Wish this was a better picture.

Straw fans for the guests

Shell boutonnaires and Vineyard Vines starfish ties for the wedding party

Tall centerpieces with vases filled with starfish

Guest goody boxes

Check out these amazing and simple ways to add Starfish into your home

A few simple starfish on the trim add a nautical touch Victoria Hagan


Notice the starfish on display in the secretary-Veranda


White starfish pop against the plates on display-Phoebe Howard




Notice the starfish rug- Elle Decor


Framed mini starfish on the left-Karen Robertson Collection

A few starfish on some built in bunk beds by Suzanne Kasler


One simple starfish above each bed- Ruthie Chapman Somers

Outdoor starfish Amanda Nisbet Design

White finger starfish against a darker linen really pop- Mary McGee

Starfish tile in the bathrooom- Traditional Home

Table decor with starfish Sesame & Lilies 

Starfish mirror from Cottage & Bungalow





I actually got a few of these from my mother in law for my birthday. She got them at Mercantile in Atlanta. 
I have 3 of these as accents in a silver tray among other things. 

Here are some of those starfish available online for purchase at Cerulean-$6 each.

As you know I have a few Herend pieces that I love, and I think they make great gifts for someone special. Besides a bunny, all of my Herend's are beach themed and I have this starfish and love it.

2 comments :

  1. I absolutely love ALL of these starfish ideas! The fans and shell boutonnaires are such cute touches, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Karen Robertson display and your wedding ideas are all so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS